There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Many opportunities in the company

Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Home Sales Clerk in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

Starting in any department gets your foot in the door to start working your way up. There are five major departments to work at the store level as well as main office operations, logistics/warehouse, and other Kroger affiliated positions. If you are a good worker they will frequently call you in for more hours than you are originally allotted allowing you to gain valuable experience and bonus points with managers. There are around 300 Fred Meyer stores to work at so if you like a change of scenery in the Northwest there's probably a Fred Meyer for you to work at.

Cons

Not enough constructive feedback from some managers. Frequent manager shifts so don't get used to a particular one. The only way to move up in the company is to work at different stores so in store promotions are generally not allowed. Zones can often times be large so Zone 2 is southwest Washington and some of Portland while Zone 1 is the greater Portland area. Other zones are even larger like the Idaho/Utah or Alaska regions.

More access is needed for recent college grads both in store and in the main office. Talent is being wasted by putting this people in general PIC positions. They need to be the future of the company and while it is important to get the experience of the lower branches down they also need to be recruited for furthering themselves throughout the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Review, I haven't had a one on one review since the first few months of my employment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

Our Director Bill Phelan is wonderful to work with. Head department management are great to work with too. Watch our for hr

Cons

Half the store is non union. A little unfair when most of the Western Washington Fred Meyer (Kroger) are union. Would like to get more hours working at other stores but most of them are union and our department isn't.

Offer more hours to get the work that needs to be finished. Night crew entering and leaving the store only between 3:55 am & 4:05am is a little stupid. Plus the parking lot seems dirty and also the outside of the building. Needs a good cleaning

2. stuck at fred meyer

Current Employee - Relief Assistant Manager in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Relief Assistant Manager in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

They treat there employees good. They have good benefits with very little hours and they will make sure that you get your benefits if you need it.

Cons

Very little promotional opportunities once you get into management. They dont have set schedules. They have blackout dates for requested time off.

Offer more management positions. Give raises on job performance not on hours you;ve worked. Get rid of the black out dates.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer