There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Nice Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

I like the people I work with. Most of the Managers are competent and really seems to notice the employees who work hard and their jobs.

Cons

Sometimes mistakes get made in the hiring process and people who are not a good fit end up in a job the is ill-suited for them. People who are terrible at their jobs don't get fired because it would cost the company more money to train someone new then to just keep the terrible person.

Be careful in the hiring process. Don't settle for joe blow of the street just because you need a warm body to fill a job.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer (View Most Recent)

Where is the work?

Current Employee - Playland Attendant in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - Playland Attendant in Longview, WA

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

-Flexible hours, are willing to work around your needs.
    -Friendly co-workers
    -Awesome health package at a good and cheap price.
    -Company basis needs for change around what the customer and employee needs.

Cons

-Playland can get dull
    -Not enough advertising done about playland
    -Customers do not know that playland is free, so therefore they are not utilizing amenities

Management could stand to get the word out more about playland, maybe put up more sighns aroung the store fronts. Also, if the attendant has no kids to watch, find something else that they could be doing to better their time with instead of sitting there reading or cleaning toys they have already cleaned a million times.

Good

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

I worked for the company several years the pay its good the benis are GOOD!! the only problem is the you got to play politics to move up in the department where you work.
    And the balance between work and family is very bad!! no set schedules..
    from $10.00- $19.25

Cons

The down is If you have a family or a plan events make sure you get a month in advance before requesting a time off!! Because they will you denied there is no balance between life and work.
    You belong to Them!! No matter what!!

Try to listen to your workers when they say I'm tired I need a day off or a weekend!! off.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer