There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer

Well... it pays, right?

Former Employee - Parcel in Vancouver, WA
Former Employee - Parcel in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

Well, it pays...There's not much good to say about Freddie's.

Cons

Day after day after day, an employee can work her ass off and get very little recognition. Good luck trying to advance, too- if you get hired right before another employee's family member you're going to sit behind him your entire life.

Also, don't plan on getting injured-- the workman's comp system is carefully designed to make sure you lose your job as soon as they know you can't sue.

Keep the low employees in mind. Yeah, they're easily replaceable, but they're the heart of your company.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Fred Meyer (View Most Recent)

If you like retail, Fred Meyer the place to work.

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Fred Meyer

Pros

Retail is a people business and if you like working with people Fred Meyer is the best place to work.When compare to other retail industries like Walmart, Targer, I think Fred Meyer treat their managment with repect and dignity. I make a habit of asking my boss for feed back on how I am doing and I always get the right feed back so that I can improve the areas I need to improve. There are lot of oppurtunities to get promoted with in Fred Meyer and always upper maangement encourages for that. I continually look for opprtunities to learn new things and Fred Meyer help me to learn new things.

Cons

Retail is not 5 days a week job. There are times you have to put long hours, even holidays you may end up working. In short you work long hours and holidays because we are open every day from 7am to 11pm.

Demonstrate respect through listening.

Fred Meyer Pharmacies do not focus on customer service at all.

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sandy, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Sandy, OR

I worked at Fred Meyer

Pros

The best reasons for working for a Fred Meyer Pharmacy is the willingness to assist customers with their medication needs. If you are a customer who is in a big hurry, then please visit any Fred Meyer Pharmacy but i will warn you that fast does NOT mean you are getting the medication you were ordered by your doctor. There is a demand by the senior department that speed is everything. The pharmacies are, for the most part, a clean atmosphere and recognition is given to those who are high achievers. Fred Meyer does donate money to good local charities and other charities as well.

Cons

They pay less than the average pharmacy tech position. Also, there is no room for advancement and because they are a retail chain, you must work very quickly and with filling prescritions, being fast can mean fatal. Fred Meyers feel "get them in and out". I have seen too many cases where a person was givin the wrong medication by accident. The pharmacy employees are under so much pressure to be so fast but that can't always be the case. Sometimes it takes time to measure out the medication correctly, double check all your work including what medicaton you are giving based on what the doctor has written it for. To be efficient is one thing but to be too fast can prove fatal to a customer.

Focus more on customer service. Being Fast doesn't mean efficient and could prepare your company for possible lawsuits of death if a person is giving the wrong dose or wrong medication.

There are newer employer reviews for Fred Meyer