Freddie Mac
www.freddiemac.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Decent Company

Accounting Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMostly the benefits and the internal mobility. Managers generally give strong preference to current employees for open positions, so there is a lot of mobility within the company to learn and experience different parts of the business. There are also a surprising amount of personal growth and learning opportunities to help you gain valuable skills both hard and soft.

ConsJob growth is near impossible without switching positions, the culture is some of the most passive aggressive I've ever experienced or even heard of. The employees are afraid to put themselves out there, it tends to be a "head down" environment, which is unfortunate given the opportunities that are available to those that choose to take advantage of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's unfortunately not much management can do at this point. They've tried a lot to turn our culture around, and honestly without a "refresh" of the individuals that are contributing to it, programs to help turn it around won't go anywhere (many have tried in the past). Maybe once the government lets our management make decisions about its employees again things will change.

Worst experience of my career life

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I cant think of any Cons: Extremely political; sinking ship mentality; there is no benefits or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Workload increase, decreased individual autonomy over the years

IT Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good salary, benefits, company cafeteria Depends very much which area/team one… Cons: Many newcomers to the company in recent years, eager to establish themselves at all costs. People looking out for themselves more than for the organization/others. Yearly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Freddie Mac.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Freddie Mac CEO Donald H. Layton. All reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees.