Freddie Mac
www.freddiemac.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

A great place to work for finance people and economists after college

Business Technology Associate (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

ProsThis is based on my 2008 internship (right before the company had to be bailed out) experience. Great people and atmosphere, interesting projects if you're interested in the real estate and financial industries. I was a Java developer, and was happy with the projects I was given. Just the right workload.

ConsLike many big companies, things can be a little slow, although it can be viewed as a plus by some. It never bothered me, but it could bother other people. I'm not sure what the situation is right now with the company, I've heard things became very different after 2008.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management was great, I have nothing to suggest -- when I was there, I really liked all the managers.

unethical

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros: nice coffee room, and work station Cons: Unethical work practices, too much government involvement. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Opportunities and Challenges but poor senior management

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great place to learn, lots of challenges, fair compensation Cons: Senior management is shaky and often lacking direction. Advice to Senior Management: Provide more transparency and clear direction to employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Freddie Mac.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Freddie Mac CEO Donald H. Layton. All reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees.