Freddie Mac

www.freddiemac.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

Some good things, a lot of bad things, depending on department

Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac

Pros

The benefits are good and the building facilities are good. The pay was fair.

Cons

They don't respect employees. They say they promote work/life balance but in reality it doesn't happen. If you try to have a life outside of work you are viewed as not being devoted to the job or the company and you feel guilty even though you know you put in a good day's work. They don't appreciate the long tenured employee as they have laid off a substantial number of employees who were there more than 20 years but they keep hiring "college hires" at a cheaper salary but they don't know the business.

Listen to employees the next time you want to come out with some funky product or program. Those of us with a credit background new the alternative documentation programs were a bad idea but you wouldn't listen to us. You just kept seeing $$$$. Now as a result the company is in the ground and many good employees are gone. Improve the communication!!! It has been a problem for years. You need to be honest with employees and not treat them like they are idiots or like they don't matter.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Freddie Mac (View Most Recent)

Great place to start

Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac

Pros

There is a great dedication to the community. There are a lot of options for ongoing learning and you will feel supported from your supervisors and the team around you. There are lots of times to share ideas with supervisors who are usually open to ideas. The culture embodies empowerment although it is obvious that some employees are not ready for change. The hours offer a work life balance and the employee sponsored perks are also attractive. Team work here is one of the best things that is offered and it is great to know that you have others who work as hard as you do.

Cons

Communication can be improved but the monthly newsletters are always good. There is often great recognition of employee achievements listed in the newsletter but other than that, there is not a lot of recognition throughout the company. I would also like to see more mentoring, especially for interns who may not have time to attend the networking groups. More diversity would also be helpful and Freddie Mac may want to consider being more proactiv in bring about change that includes more women and minorities throughout the company. Feedback should be pursued by the employee as supervisors are not always on top of it.

Keep up the good work

A brief review of a great company.

Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac

Pros

Benefits package is very competative. For the most part the people that I have worked with are competent and have a great work ethic.

Cons

Those few that are not competent seem to be causing problems on a consistant basis. But as you may know these people are at every business, we just wonder how they keep their jobs.

Senior Management actually has their act together and they do a great job of delegating the right job to the right person. Senior Mgmt from what I have seen has been able to notice talent in certain areas and see who has none.

There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac