There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

A good place to start your career, great work life balance, not much room for upward mobility.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits such as Flexible Working Arrangements-teleworking, compressed schedules.

Cons

high turnover of management and employees, no room for upward mobility. Compensation is limited, no bonuses due to conservatorship.

Advice to Management

Stay at the company for a long period of time and not just 1 year.

Other Employee Reviews for Freddie Mac

1. Good experience, but wrong atmosphere

Current Intern - Summer Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Intern - Summer Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are very friendly, work life balance is solid, the work itself isn't overly stressful, nice exposure to management.

Cons

Obviously due to the recent shake ups in the industry and company the atmosphere is pretty strange. There are serious turn over problems, and the uncertainty of where the company will be in a couple years is constantly hanging over everyone.

Advice to Management

Be frank about the possibilities of what is in store for the company to quiet speculation and uncertainty.

2. A great place to work for finance people and economists after college

Current Intern - Business Technology Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Intern - Business Technology Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This is based on my 2008 internship (right before the company had to be bailed out) experience. Great people and atmosphere, interesting projects if you're interested in the real estate and financial industries. I was a Java developer, and was happy with the projects I was given. Just the right workload.

Cons

Like many big companies, things can be a little slow, although it can be viewed as a plus by some. It never bothered me, but it could bother other people. I'm not sure what the situation is right now with the company, I've heard things became very different after 2008.

Advice to Management

The management was great, I have nothing to suggest -- when I was there, I really liked all the managers.