There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

Career with Future to Dead End Job

Former Employee - Information Technology in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Information Technology in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, diverse workplace, flexible schedule, and free training and development opportunities for all employees..

Cons

Very stressful environment with low employee morale due to negative media attention.. The leadership team constantly changes the employee focus and company goals.

Be consistent with your company focus and give your employees hope that the company has a future..

reviews filtered by

Message for Contract Workers Hoping to Get Hired On - Stay Away

Former Contractor - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Contractor - Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate in that I had a decent direct-manager, otherwise I would not have stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If you are a contract worker, which I was for 2 years, expect to be treated very poorly. There is very little training - it's sink or swim here. You cannot attend most of their meetings, thus you have little idea of what's going on within the company. In the meetings that they do let you attend, you will get to watch them give themselves awards (monetary) for work that you have done. You will find that many FTE's enjoy flaunting their positions/great benefits/telework etc. that you can't have (which I found childish). You do not get an actual desk. Instead, you will sit at a cramped table/cube where you can't even stretch out your legs. The exploitation of cw's by Freddie Mac should be illegal. I was told they were going to hire me as an FTE after my 2-year contract was up. But alas, a few months before my contract expired, it was "sorry, we can't hire you", even though my work was exemplary and I literally carried the small department I was in for most of the time I was there. When your contract expires, there is a mandatory 3-month layoff, after which they have the balls to ask to you come back under the same scenario - no benefits, no status. Obviously, Upper Management does not care about the work being done. By this I mean the quality of the work. They do not recognize good cw's who deserve to be hired. Morale is low, even for FTE's who are making good money and getting good benefits. If only they could see what's it's like on the other side as a cw. Maybe they wouldn't complain so much. I've heard it said, "what goes around comes around." If that's so, Freddie Mac is in for a big fall, and I'd have to say they deserve it!

Fire yourselves. :) You really need to go. Place good people in management who care about the work being done, and also about people.

2. Great work culture and work-life balance

Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great Family oriented and respectful culture

Cons

Not for fast paced, adrenaline rush seeking workers.

kindly continue with the great turnaound progress you have started to make in the organization

There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac