There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac

financial analyst

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work life balance, opportunity to learn,

Cons

low moral, no career advancement

raise moral

358 Other Employee Reviews for Freddie Mac (View Most Recent)

Message for Contract Workers Hoping to Get Hired On - Stay Away

Former Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at Freddie Mac as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I was fortunate in that I had a decent direct-manager, otherwise I would not have stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If you are a contract worker, which I was for 2 years, expect to be treated very poorly. There is very little training - it's sink or swim here. You cannot attend most of their meetings, thus you have little idea of what's going on within the company. In the meetings that they do let you attend, you will get to watch them give themselves awards (monetary) for work that you have done. You will find that many FTE's enjoy flaunting their positions/great benefits/telework etc. that you can't have (which I found childish). You do not get an actual desk. Instead, you will sit at a cramped table/cube where you can't even stretch out your legs. The exploitation of cw's by Freddie Mac should be illegal. I was told they were going to hire me as an FTE after my 2-year contract was up. But alas, a few months before my contract expired, it was "sorry, we can't hire you", even though my work was exemplary and I literally carried the small department I was in for most of the time I was there. When your contract expires, there is a mandatory 3-month layoff, after which they have the balls to ask to you come back under the same scenario - no benefits, no status. Obviously, Upper Management does not care about the work being done. By this I mean the quality of the work. They do not recognize good cw's who deserve to be hired. Morale is low, even for FTE's who are making good money and getting good benefits. If only they could see what's it's like on the other side as a cw. Maybe they wouldn't complain so much. I've heard it said, "what goes around comes around." If that's so, Freddie Mac is in for a big fall, and I'd have to say they deserve it!

Fire yourselves. :) You really need to go. Place good people in management who care about the work being done, and also about people.

Bureaucracy, Inefficiency, and Complicated

Former Employee - Senior Financial Controller
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Controller

I worked at Freddie Mac

Pros

Nice cafeteria. As a contractor, I could come and go as necessary. Learned a lot and was able to stretch and grow job wise.

Cons

To much over-time for full-time employees concerning tasks that are in 'hurry up and wait status'. Wait long enough and these tasks will go away and morph into something else.

Freddie has a long bureaucracy which leads to inefficiency. Your a complicated natured business. You need to become more effective and need to figure out your value add as well as initiate better management processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Freddie Mac