Freddie Mac
www.freddiemac.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Bureaucracy, Inefficiency, and Complicated

Senior Financial Controller (Former Employee)

ProsNice cafeteria. As a contractor, I could come and go as necessary. Learned a lot and was able to stretch and grow job wise.

ConsTo much over-time for full-time employees concerning tasks that are in 'hurry up and wait status'. Wait long enough and these tasks will go away and morph into something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementFreddie has a long bureaucracy which leads to inefficiency. Your a complicated natured business. You need to become more effective and need to figure out your value add as well as initiate better management processes.

Transient Landscape

Manager -Internal Controls Organization (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Freddie Mac full-time for more than a year

Pros: Huge Employer, Fringe Benefits, Collaborative work environment. There are a lot of smart people… Cons: Too many re-orgs happening due to recent economic crisis. As the company tries to find its optimal… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

financial analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: work life balance, opportunity to learn, Cons: low moral, no career advancement Advice to Senior Management: raise moral Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Freddie Mac.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Freddie Mac CEO Donald H. Layton. All reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees.