Contractors stay away

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Freddie Mac as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to report about this employer

Cons

Warning to All. Do not work for this company. This is the worst place that I have worked as a contractor. The working environment for a contract worker is below standards As a contract worker you are not involved in any team meetings that relates to your job. Nor are you able to give feedback about your day to day job duties.. Management has absolutely no communication with their contract workers. Due to the inadequate computer system there is a problem daily with the work flow . The management structure allows the contract workers to do all or most of the day to day work while the staff does very little. The objective of the company is to use contract workers for as along as they can and then let you go and make pathetic excuses as to why they had to get rid of you. If you are looking for great pay, great working environment, and growth this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Communicate to your team which includes your contract workers. Stop treating your contract workers like outsiders. They are also apart of your staff

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Was there for the worst of times, but enjoyed it

I worked at Freddie Mac

Pros

I learned more during my time at Freddie than anywhere I've worked before or since, but I do attribute this to a particularly strong group of managers who ran our shop just like a bank. If you find the right people to work for, don't be afraid of the uncertainty at Freddie Mac. Despite the bumpy road, there are few places where you can have the same level of responsibility that a high performer at Freddie Mac should have in short order.

Cons

Since I was there when Hank Paulson kicked the door down, it was a bit nerve racking, and by all accounts uncertainty is the new norm.

2. Steady Freddie - not so much any longer

Current Employee - Business Initiatives Director in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Business Initiatives Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at Freddie Mac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits but work-life balance depends on the area you work in. If you are a technology and/or financial professional you will find a challenging and stimulating work environment. A lot of capable and smart people.

Cons

Recently a lot of staff with key business knowledge have left the company (or been handed packages). Too many and frequent reorgs. Oh yeah, and a politically threatened future.

Advice to Management

Figure out the organizational structure and stick to it for some time; stop the constant reorgs.