Frederick County Public Schools

There are newer employer reviews for Frederick County Public Schools

FCPS Review

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Frederick, MD

I worked at Frederick County Public Schools full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My 10 years' experience with FCPS was positive. I met many life-long friends and colleagues there. I would recommend anyone coming out of college to consider FCPS as an employer.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

I have been away from FCPS to offer any advice. My last year with FCPS was 1998.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Frederick County Public Schools (View Most Recent)

Overall, a good experience despite not getting step raises for several years

Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Frederick County Public Schools part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment (depending on the school); Opportunities for professional development; Great communities, students and parents; 10 month work schedule

Cons

Bureaucracy- Paperwork and hoops to jump through that aren't really beneficial

Current Teacher

I have been working at Frederick County Public Schools

Pros

As a parent, it's nice to be off when your kids are out of school which is for he most part the case other than teacher work days.

Cons

Teachers don't make the priority list at all and although 5 years ago it was a great place to be, I'm brushing up my résumé to get out of this downward spiral.

Most expletives wouldn't be so upset about not getting raises if they didn't continually play this yes/no game and took the time to say "thank you" every now and then. It would also be awesome if they would ask what we need before blowing tons of money things that we'll never use in our classrooms....

There are newer employer reviews for Frederick County Public Schools