Fredrikson & Byron

www.fredlaw.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Fredrikson & Byron

Excellent culture excellent people!

I have been working at Fredrikson & Byron full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and excellent culture in the work place. The attorneys are very intelligent individuals and value all the different professions that help to make the company tick.

Cons

Law firms tend to move a little slower when it comes to new trends and technology which can help to improve efficiency. However, this is a minor con to the overall greatness of this firm.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Fredrikson & Byron (View Most Recent)

Fredrikson has provided opportunities and support to advance my legal career over many years.

Current Employee - Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Attorney in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fredrikson & Byron full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When I was a new attorney, my supervisors (in multiple departments) were excellent. I felt more like a "partner in training" rather than an anonymous workhorse.

Flexible: After 2 years I decided I did not want to be an employment attorney. The firm was great, and supported my move to corporate / technology.

The firm encouraged and facilitated my getting involved in multiple non-profit boards.

Full disclosure: I'm a shareholder now at Fredrikson and have been here for 18 years. So, technically, I"m "management."

Cons

Long-term success at a larger law firm is demanding and hard work. It requires many skill sets in addition to being a smart attorney.

I also believe that a growing proportion of very interesting and sophistocated work is being done by in-house legal counsel. And when you are in-house, you can see the fruits of your labor.

Do NOT work for the Property Tax Litigation Department!!!!!

Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fredrikson & Byron full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and employee resources

Cons

The attorneys and the paralegal in the Property Tax Department are abusive bullies. Do NOT apply for this position.

You need to educate the attorneys and paralegal in the Property Tax Department about workplace bullying and incivility. It would behoove you to learn about how much this abusive behavior is costing your business in high turnover. HR needs to give potential employees fair warning about these personalities--its not fair to withhold that information.

There are newer employer reviews for Fredrikson & Byron