Free People

www.freepeople.com

Not very rewarding unless you count the discount.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Pros40% discount for Free People, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters. This is a perk as long as you don't have bills to pay, and your parents still give you an allowance.
Co-workers are nice for the most part, and you might end up with some good friends.

ConsYou are pressured to work hard and be a top seller, but the pay is very low. You're better off in a commission-based job selling the same thing at a department store.
Managers can be very patronizing and act like they have the most important job in the world.
Gossip is a constant issue, but it mainly comes from the managers who talk behind the associates' backs.
Managers also pick favorites. There is not much opportunity for advancement unless you are one of the favorites.
Customers can be demanding and therefore annoying. The worst ones like to stay in the store forever long after closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you gossip or say something mean about almost everyone who works in the store, I assume you've talked behind my back as well.
Just because you're in a slightly higher job position, it doesn't mean that you are more superior.

Boring

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Free People

Pros: Great job for attractive college students Cons: Employees are generally incompetent; the new Abercrombie and Fitch Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so incompetent More

My MIT experience

MIT (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Free People

Pros: fun co workers fast pace in city...other stores are a… Cons: late nights slow moving with upper management will keep you part-time just under… Advice to Senior Management: progress very slow No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Free People.

Worked for Free People? Contribute to the Community!