There are newer employer reviews for FreeWave Technologies

The good times are over for good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at FreeWave Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salaries, good benefits, free drinks, large car park.

Cons

Small company on the slow downhill slide into oblivion. Lack of market awareness/research resulting in development of new products that don't sell. Huge army of hardware and software engineers, yet new products take an age to appear. Uninspiring CEO that wants to be involved with everything yet will make a decision on nothing. Many employees that took this company to it's greatest heights are now gone -found pastures new or left (voluntarily or otherwise).
Senior management make decisions irrespective of advice or guidance from
experienced engineers. Morale in the company has evaporated, enforced culture change has made the workplace demoralizing.
Profit sharing has gone and is very unlikely to return unless the company undergoes a startling turnaround, SEP contributions, on the decline, may soon disappear too.

Move over and let some other people have a go - you are taking this company down

16 Other Employee Reviews for FreeWave Technologies (View Most Recent)

They set out to “build a company”

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Boulder, CO

I have been working at FreeWave Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CEO is passionate about the company and the people that work here. In the time that I’ve been here, I’ve been impressed by his and the executive staff’s drive to succeed combined with a sense of pride in their products and the teams they lead. I appreciate that the CEO talks about how he wanted to “build a company” when he started FreeWave. You can still see that in his actions and forward thinking strategies.

Some companies just talk about empowering employees to give back to their community. FreeWave actually provides things such as Charitable Time Off and a Social Asset Team where we can do just that.

The company is creating cutting edge technologies and that takes a team of very smart people to succeed. The team is strong and looking to expand. Now seems to be a very good time to be a part of FreeWave.

Cons

Communication is an area where every company could do better. FreeWave is better than most at communicating but still making an effort to improve. Every manager needs to buy in and work toward this for it to be successful.

Work to be more efficient with your time and the time of your team when scheduling meetings.

If you are thinking of working here, RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at FreeWave Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

free soda, ping-pong nice building

Cons

Let me start by giving you a data point on the honesty of this companies' management: If you look below, you will see the "“This ain't your grandfather's company - what a breath of fresh-air!” review. Well, that was written by Kelly W., their head of H.R.!! How do I know? She TOLD me. Why? The word is out locally about what a dysfunctional horror show this company's management has become. When asked, they lied about it to several of my coworkers and me. They will do the same to you, as they are desperate to replace the people they have abused into leaving.

Their census remains stable while their turnover was a disturbing 30% for 2012 and 2013. I saw so many good people leave. (I wonder if they are still calling this catastrophic loss of talent "housecleaning"?) You just can't win there. As even minor constructive honesty will get you fired on the spot. The CEO advertizes an "open door" policy. He's nice to meet in the hallway, but don't believe that for a second. The most valuable thing I learned while at FreeWave? That there truly ARE worst things than being unemployed. Learn from my (& many others) mistakes.

ALL of you (except for 1 or 2) need to go. Like 2 years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for FreeWave Technologies

Worked for FreeWave Technologies? Contribute to the Community!