Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
www.fmjobs.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

It was good money , but you get stuck

Senior Supervisor (Former Employee)
Lima, Arequipa (Peru)

I worked at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSMCV pays very well and the benefits are comprehensive. Nevertheless the health insurance was poor since it works with only one clinic. the main facilities are close to the second biggest city in Peru around an hour by coach.

ConsThere is not a career ladder, HR managers are sort of paternalistic working not woth rewards but with punishment . commuting everyday to the mine site could be really uncomfortable. there is too much difference between upper management and middle management.

Advice to Senior Managementthere should be a school for leaders like in other companies

Good

I have been working at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Pros: Great work atmosphere at Freeport. Cons: Work can be slow at times. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good

I have been working at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Pros: Benefits and work atmosphere. Keeps up with the latest ways to provide… Cons: Upper managment not interested in helping employees exceed their job… Advice to Senior Management: everyone is important at any level. More

There are newer reviews on Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Worked for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold CEO Richard C. Adkerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold employees.