There are newer employer reviews for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Best Internship and work experience I've ever been a part of!

Former Employee - Field Engineer  in  Empire, CO
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Empire, CO

I worked at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great pay, and big jobs! An eye-opening experience to help learn new skills and further develop skills in mining/construction/engineering. Freeport provides all the necessary training to step foot on site of some of the biggest operations you will ever see. I highly recommend applying if you like to work hard and start a serious career.

Cons

I loved every part of my internship experience. There wasn't one bad thing about it.

Keep doing what you're doing. Mgmt was very motivating and supportive throughout my entire internship. I honestly enjoyed every minute of every day working for FCX. I did not want to leave and now I can't wait to get back to work.

102 Other Employee Reviews for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (View Most Recent)

Definately the worst workplace!

Former Employee - Hydromet Operator Ll  in  Safford, AZ
    Former Employee - Hydromet Operator Ll in Safford, AZ

I worked at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits and ok schedule! When the Sx/Ew Plant was first started up they choose and hired the best in the industry and took care of their workforce Management at that time cared and showed and received the utmost respect.

Cons

As the first year concluded management changed hands and then the work enviroment turned hostile and reclusive, Upper management let go of the reigns and then the click mantality took over and then backstabbing and childs play ensued, supervision had alot to be desired lots of unsatisfied exempt employees and it trickled to the non exempt workforce.

None to give i understand it is still the same if not worse! Management and the Company do not desire change!

Well paid. Good Benefits.

Current Employee - Maint Sup  in  Bagdad, AZ
    Current Employee - Maint Sup in Bagdad, AZ

I have been working at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well paid. Good Benefits. CoL is cheap.

Cons

No accountability. Too many Chiefs.

Accountability.

There are newer employer reviews for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Worked for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold? Contribute to the Community!