Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

www.fcx.com

A good place to develop professionally

Metallurgist Intern (Current Employee) Safford, AZ

ProsHas a good knowledge base, is generally interested in developing their employees, pay is pretty good. Good work/life balance, flexible vacation policy.

ConsHave to live in a mining town, which isn't terribly great for single people. If you are from an urban area it can be jarring to transition to the remoteness of some locations. Workplace politics exists. Some assigned projects can be extremely rote and menial.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing with respect to hiring. Take some steps to tighten down frivolous expenditures and bring task priority across different divisions into better focus. Fighting over "turf" is not healthy.

Accounting

Accountant I (Current Employee) Bagdad, AZ

I have been working at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good environment and friendly people Benefits Good Hours Explanatory work Cons: Can have a lot of free time. Depends which site you… Advice to Senior Management: Bigger projects. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They take care of their employees

I have been working at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Pros: Free lunches on Fridays. Free vending machine drinks and water… Cons: Understaffed for the number of enterprise projects going on. More
There are newer reviews on Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Worked for Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold? Contribute to the Community!