There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale a fair and honest company that cares about its associates and it's customers

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

I have worked for Freescale for 14 years. I am a single mom with four children. I work in the manufacturing part of the company. This is a great company with excellent benefits. They care about their associates and try to work with them not against them. They make great products, We have parts in the Blackberry, Electrolux Steam Dryer, Samsung Flat Screen Televisions, several micro controllers for automotive.There are so many things we make that we use in our every day lives. They care about 5s and follow the rules to make sure the plant is running a clean and safe work environment. I would buy any of these products they are a trust worthy company and I trust everything that I make even the air bags for my kids when I drive them in my car.The CEOS for Freescale all took a pay cut to try and help us through the economic crisis. I am proud of them for making these choices while other executives on Wall Street are giving themselves bonuses in this critical time.

Cons

They are 12 hour sifts in Manufacturing. They are long days but it is nice to have the three and four days off every other weekto spend with your family.

I thank them for making the neccessay cuts to keep us in business.

595 Other Employee Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Good place to work that seems solid and ready for the downturn in the economy

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

Rich Beyer, the CEO seems to have a very good grasp of the economic conditions affecting us now and has taken steps early to keep the impact to the company minimal. He is very straight forward and honest in communications which is refreshing. The corporate culture has changed a lot since we were Motorola and we have become more agile but there is still a lot of resistance to change within the company.

Cons

There is still a lot of red tape when trying to get things done but this is true with any large company. It has gotten better in recent years but we have a ways to go yet. They don't promote a fun culture there. Not many out of office get togethers to get to know others better. Employees have to go about initiating it themselves.

Be open to change and look for opportunities that employees put forth.

Things need to change to keep this ship a float

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

There are no good reasons

Cons

No comments related to this

This place absolutely sucks - especially management. I have never seen guys work so hard to go backwards - in particular, Demetre SVP on site is the worst example of corporate management I have witnessed in my carrer. They need to blow this company remove ineffective management strip layers and start over

There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor