Freescale Semiconductor

www.freescale.com

Like playing “Survivor”, waiting to be voted out of the company

Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe work is very interesting and challenging, and I am given a lot of management freedom to pursue topics that I think are important. With all of the layoffs and attrition, there are a lot of opportunities to excel.

ConsWe have had so many layoffs that the review and evaluation process has become a lot like the game of “Survivor” where alliances of managers vote to eliminate strong people from other people’s groups. The process is no longer based on technical achievement, but rather it is on eliminating people who out-perform you. Closing the Parmer lane site gives me an unreasonable commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to get rid of rank and rate. It has far exceeded its usefulness, and just generates a hostile environment.

Good place to work at

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros: Great benefits ,perks and PTO. Great for hardware folks Cons: Not really a good place to work for a … Advice to Senior Management: Top heaviness and bureaucracy needs to go. Way too many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Former CIM Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros: Worldclass systems and colleagues, great learning experience Cons: Most of them have left! More
There are newer reviews on Freescale Semiconductor.

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!