Freescale Semiconductor

There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Corporate culture is ill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a steady paycheck. A few pool and foosball tables have been set up around the campus, and the on-site cafeteria and gym are very nice.

Cons

Work-life balance is terrible. Chronically understaffed and overburdened, with a corporate initiative to hire nothing but fresh-out-of-college from here on out. Management expects full production quality and quantity, but only provides pilot resources. Critical vacancies remain unfilled, and teams are fracturing. Every personnel loss stretches us closer to the break point.

Recognize the experience that is leaving the company because the working conditions are getting so bad. New paint and fancy walkways do nothing to improve morale, and asking us to train new-hires in addition to an already maxed out workload is straining us to breaking.

630 Other Employee Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

Totally Neutral

Current Employee - That Person in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - That Person in Austin, TX

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever seen but in a successful company with a good outlook the work life balance should NEVER be this good. Five stars on WL balance just means the bar is so low it's being milked right into the ground.

Cons

Don't even bother if you are a self starter highly motivated technical person.
    Antiquated. Old School - in the bad way.

This is radical but it's the RedPill Truth. Anyone in management that has never had any other job outside Freescale or previously Motorola should automatically go on sabbatical where they have to acquire and hold down a job at some other company for some duration as a prereq for return. Immediately. Yes, that would mean a whole lot of people suddenly went missing, don't worry, they mostly wouldn't be missed. The few good people in that bunch would appreciate the perspective. Hopefully the must useless 25% of the bunch would just commit suicide when faced with the reality that they had not useful skills.

Getting better, I hope

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Freescale has decent compensation, good benefits, challenging problems, and often you get great colleagues to work with, bright and experienced.

Cons

Depending on where you are in the company and your management, a job can be great or a slow-motion disaster. The company has been in austerity mode for a long time, shedding people, just now working on getting fresh blood. Parts of the company are way over-managed, underfunded and understaffed.

There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor