There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Overall good place to work

Former Employee - Manager  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

Friendly environment, work from home when needed, great heath benefits

Cons

Favoritism, political, hard work doesn't necessarily mean you you recognized, not a lot of room for promotion

Recognize employees for their efforts and accomplishments, less politics and favoritism

589 Other Employee Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor (View Most Recent)

failure

Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Equipment Maintenance Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

I'd have to quote management on this one " at least you have a job"

Cons

Raises are not based on performances, metrics, results and or abilities. Perception, appearance and just finding yourself in the in crowd is all that matters.

Management is out of touch, rude, unappreciative, and they don't care about their employees.

They are glorified politicians pretending to care as they saturate their days with meetings and buzz words in an effort to avoid working on anything or helping out in anyway.

Change management , and I don't mean rotate them I mean get rid of them and replace them with managers who can:
    1.) provide career direction for their employers
    2.) provide professional feedback and assistance towards your goals.
    3.) have ethics and MANAGEMENT training as a prerequisite.
    4.) stop acting busy as a middle man and DO SOMETHING.

Continuously advancing technology and interesting products but the review process was frustrating.

Former Employee - Product Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Freescale Semiconductor

Pros

Fair hours leads to a good work/life balance. I didn't see too much micro-managing. It's a large organization, so moving into something new is feasible if you've developed another skill set.

Cons

There's a strong trend of pushing many jobs offshore. It was manufacturing first, then sustaining engineering, then new product development and design activities as well. Many layoffs in 2008-2009. Having a flat salary for many years straight doesn't inspire higher work output.

The review / advancement process should be more clear. The process is clear, but pushing people into a curve and crushing people who are successfully performing their jobs unless they are purposely performing above their grade is not fair.

There are newer employer reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!