Fremont Bank

www.fremontbank.com
  www.fremontbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fremont Bank

Not to big, not to small, just right!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, community bank, pride in knowing our service helps the financial needs of our clients. We have a proven track record for offering low cost mortgage rates and focusing on he relationship of the client rather than just the bottom line. We appreciate our clients and continue finding ways to set ourselves apart from competition.

Cons

There is a lack of direction and training from certain areas of the bank.

Design a formalized training program for ALL departments.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Fremont Bank (View Most Recent)

Very dissatisfied

Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA

I worked at Fremont Bank

Pros

The company has good technology and it's a fun work environment if you are new to the mortgage industry. The pay is competitive and the co-workers try to do activities to make this place a better place to work at.

Cons

Very unstable work environment. When the market is not good, they lay off an awful lot. They tend to rehire a lot of people that they laid off in the past (normally called within 2 months) before they find another job. The work demands in the mortgage department are not realistic. A simple look on their website for the work requirements should tell you enough. One example is that underwriters are required to underwrite 25 files a day, where the industry standard is 3 files a day.

Focus on employee development and nurturing an environment where employees can grow. You need to work more on being able to either nurture or recruit top talent to help with credibility.

It is okay to work there temporary while you're still at school, but not a company I can grow with.

I have been working at Fremont Bank

Pros

privately owned so the work environment is more personable. My current branch manager is reasonable and listens to what her associates have to say.

Cons

A lot of pressure from management on sales and the goals can be unreasonable. The turnover rate is very high and a lot of branches are experience staff shortage.

There are newer employer reviews for Fremont Bank