Fremont Bank

www.fremontbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fremont Bank

Good but how about those temps?

Current Employee - Appraiser Administrative in Hayward, CA
Current Employee - Appraiser Administrative in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time

Pros

The Company does do things that show the people they are appreciated like ice cream socials and barbecues which is refreshing and more than most companies do.
The environment is friendly.

Cons

I've been working as a temp for over 6 months and it seems as if Fremont Bank likes to keep people temps so they don't have to pay benefits, holiday pay,Vacation or fair salaries. Why not bring the temps on board if they have proved themselves. I know many that have been temps here for over a year. Why?

The Company is celebrating record profits. Start hiring people on permanent. The whole keeping people temps thing is a bit shady.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Fremont Bank (View Most Recent)

Not to big, not to small, just right!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Fremont Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, community bank, pride in knowing our service helps the financial needs of our clients. We have a proven track record for offering low cost mortgage rates and focusing on he relationship of the client rather than just the bottom line. We appreciate our clients and continue finding ways to set ourselves apart from competition.

Cons

There is a lack of direction and training from certain areas of the bank.

Design a formalized training program for ALL departments.

Very dissatisfied

Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Hayward, CA

I worked at Fremont Bank

Pros

The company has good technology and it's a fun work environment if you are new to the mortgage industry. The pay is competitive and the co-workers try to do activities to make this place a better place to work at.

Cons

Very unstable work environment. When the market is not good, they lay off an awful lot. They tend to rehire a lot of people that they laid off in the past (normally called within 2 months) before they find another job. The work demands in the mortgage department are not realistic. A simple look on their website for the work requirements should tell you enough. One example is that underwriters are required to underwrite 25 files a day, where the industry standard is 3 files a day.

Focus on employee development and nurturing an environment where employees can grow. You need to work more on being able to either nurture or recruit top talent to help with credibility.

There are newer employer reviews for Fremont Bank