Making a difference in students' lives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part about working at Fremont College is the STUDENTS! Fremont College is a student-centered environment. Helping our students and making them feel 100% satisfied about being a part of the Fremont family is what I like most about my job. I truly enjoy fulfilling the needs of the students and making a difference in their lives, and I feel proud to work at Fremont College when I see students' lives change for the better.

Cons

Cross training in related departments might help everyone perform their duties better. Learning what others do is always interesting and helps everyone work better together.

Fremont College Response

Feb 11, 2013Director of Operations

We are pleased that you enjoy making a difference in students’ lives, as that is our main goal at Fremont College. We are proud to have people like you on our team. In terms of cross-training, we are ... More

Other Reviews for Fremont College

Great ideas that are never thought out with key positions filled with people who are always confused.

Former Employee - Staff Member  in  Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Member in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Fremont College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Co-Workers and people who want the best for students......
    Great ideas but.........

Cons

Recognition and Promotions go to the same group of people who management feels they think are worthy, because these groups of people are more visible to management but are not always the best at what they do (based if their positions were compared to people in there same status at other colleges). Some folks wear multiple hats and are rarely recognize for their contributions to students and to the school. If management thinks you are not smart or that don't know what you do for the school, or know much about your ability, they will assume you are not capable or do not know much and it is very sad. People are always quitting because they are there for a job with consistency and room for growth. Some school leaders in particulars are not approachable and have given reviews to employee that is very unprofessional and demotivating because they feel that it is the best way to help the success of employee. Some comments are borderline illegal to say the least. Nothing is ever consistent, things change every day and expected to be implemented at the turn of a hat to accommodate some greater problem. But issues are always there and are never fixed. Solutions at this school are only Band-Aids and become another problem because no real foresight goes into how to solve the problem without really thinking about the consequences and who will be affected. This place is not a place if you want to grow because if management do not feel you are the best fit or they just don’t personally like you then you are not going anywhere fast in the company and you will never see your full potential there.

No advice... they do what they want to do anyway.

Fremont College Response

Jan 15, 2013Director of Operations

We are truly saddened that you were disappointed with your experience working at Fremont College. Our staff and faculty strive to recognize individuals’ strengths and empower them to succeed in their ... More

I actually enjoy going to work

Current Employee - Admissions  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fremont College full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve worked at Fremont College for over two years and have always felt appreciated and valued by management. I’ve worked at other Colleges and did not receive the same respect, support and encouragement. It's a great motivator to receive praise from management when you do a good job - yet it so rare at other companies.

I would recommend Fremont to anyone who wants to work for a growing, innovative company. The work is fast-paced and challenging, so there’s no room for boredom – my time at work actually goes by fast (which has not been the case at other jobs!). I work with very positive people - my co-workers have a positive attitude and management is positive and approachable which makes going to work an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Regular meetings with other department members to brainstorm and share ideas would be great.

There are newer employer reviews for Fremont College.

Worked for Fremont College? Contribute to the Community!