There are newer employer reviews for Fremont USD

Great schools, great place to be a teacher.

Former Employee - High School Teacher in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - High School Teacher in Fremont, CA

I worked at Fremont USD full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Out of 59 districts with high schools in the 9-county Bay Area that I surveyed in 2007, FUSD ranked #2 in teacher salaries. For a teacher with my education and years of experience, I was paid $68 K/yr. They invest an awful lot of time and money in teacher development. Their data system, OARS, is fantastic. If compensation equals how much you value educators, then Fremont certainly shows it values teachers.

Cons

Some of the site Principals and Vice Principals aren't as bright as the teachers they supervise.

Don't retaliate against teachers when they stand up to crazy parents. The classroom teacher is the professional and the parent is naturally biased. Otherwise, I would rate FUSD with an "A."

reviews filtered by

smoke and mirrors

Former Employee - Mobile Maintenance Technician in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile Maintenance Technician in Fremont, CA

I worked at Fremont USD full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are related to someone who already works it is easy to get in and you don't have to do much work. Good benefits.

Cons

If you take pride in your work and are dedicated, this is not the place for you. If you have a very brown nose, this is your place. Honesty is not encouraged and will get you in trouble. Just go with the flow and do not think and you will do okay. Low pay compared to outside.

Remove teachers from management positions and run it like a business. Don't talk transparency - do it.

2. Overall, excellent however budget cuts and other changes are eroding what is best about this District.

Former Employee - Teacher in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Fremont, CA

I worked at Fremont USD full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing teaching colleagues, solid resources, and generally supportive parents.

Cons

The District eliminated the no-lay off clause, which was the single best reason to teach in this District. Having job security made up for the lack of benefits, onerous non-teaching duties, and large class sizes.

Adjust the 40 hour rule and reinstate the no-lay off clause.

There are newer employer reviews for Fremont USD