sales at french gerelman

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MO

I have been working at French Gerleman full-time

Pros

good benefits and good products

Cons

no down side wish I got an offer

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at French Gerleman

Pros

Upper management is asleep at the wheel... it's just about impossible to get fired from this place.

Cons

Upper management have vacation homes, everyone else is on food stamps.

Advice to Management

Retire. Get new blood in place.

A Different Perspective

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at French Gerleman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I believe one of the things that really sets French Gerleman apart from many other employers in the St. Louis, Illinois and Kansas marketplace is "average employee tenure" with the company. Bottom Line: I think the amount of time an employee is with a company says a lot about any organization overall. Specifically, around the company's commitment to employees and their overall stability. French Gerleman is a well-established privately held company - more than 90 years young. The company offers careers, not just jobs. Being in Marketing, I like to work with facts and data. The company has 217 active full-time employees, 87 employees have been here 10 years or more and 34 employees have been with the company 20 years or more. I'm actually a newbie. I have only been here 8 years. The ability for a company to keep and maintain good employees says a lot. If you’re looking for a professional work environment that offers a family-owned business atmosphere and rewards individuals for hard work, maintaining customer satisfaction and a focus on growing sales then French Gerleman is a good fit for you.

Cons

I think it’s important to consider corporate culture when selecting any new employer. Every company is different. It's important to find the right fit. The company is a conservative, fifth- generation family owned business that stands on a strong foundation of history and growth. While new ideas are considered, they really need to fit within the overall framework of the business and align with management's strategic goals and objectives.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for new ways and ideas to enhance the lines of communication between management and employees. Communication is an important part of any growth strategy.