There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Very satisfactory, they provided me the opportunity to develop my professional skills, in a fair way.

Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN  in  Santiago (Chile)
Former Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Santiago (Chile)

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

It is the main company in Chile dedicated to provide ambulatory Acute Hemodialysis in many hospitals and clinics that don't have this service. FMC has a very updated technology, equipments and continuous training.

Cons

The salary is not optimal, FMC usually don't offer a contract job for nurses in Acute HD, and if it's possible, they discount your benefits from your salary,,so I decided to work there without benefits ( health insurance, retirement, etc) in order to improve my salary . My incomes were over the average because I worked 90 hours at week.

342 Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America (View Most Recent)

Management cares more about bottom lines than employees

Former Employee - Financial Coordinator
    Former Employee - Financial Coordinator

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

The financial coordinator position in particular is very flexible. There are no set hours and you travel a lot.
    Co-workers in general are very nice.
    Helping the patients really is rewarding.

Cons

In the past year, we had gone through several management changes. The manager that was promoted in the past year, as well as the people she hired underneath her, do not care about their employees. I was in this position for several years under one supervisor who did her best to stand up for and support the employees under her. New management only cares about appeasing the higher ups and docs at the expense of their employees.
    Job was sold to me as a chance to help patients with their financial needs. It is much more about the bottom line, sometimes at the expense of the patients and what is in their best interest.

I wish they would take an anonymous survey of the current FCs. They would be surprised at what they find out. The level of stress is not worth the pay.

Diverse Workplace, But Little Room for Growth

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

New Hire Training and Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA. 5 weeks paid leave each year. Option to work from home or on Saturdays, so you don't need to request as much PTO.

Cons

Position is very remote. Working in a different clinic each day doesn't allow much time to develop realtionships with staff. Not very many opportunities for pormotions unless you live near the headquarters or regional offices. Annual raise potential caps out at 4%.

Figure how how to bridge the gap between the role of the Financial Coordinator and the SW. There is too much crossover of job roles and it creates tension and confusion.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!