Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com
  www.fmcna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

a so so place to work....

Current Employee - Clinical Manager
Current Employee - Clinical Manager

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

it is close to my home... it allows me more time to be with my family.

Cons

there is limited opportunity for advancement.., they do not advance fairly. the salary range is low. there needs to be salary adjustments within the company.

value your employees and their opinions.

375 Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America (View Most Recent)

Would still like my job back.

Former Employee - Acute Dialysis Nurse. in Palatka, FL
    Former Employee - Acute Dialysis Nurse. in Palatka, FL

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

The benefits are comparable to most medical facilities I believe. The pay scale is fair for the area in which I live. I had some job flexibility due to the nature of my position. I was able to work independently, with minimum supervision.

Cons

Company does not stand behind long term employees with good work records against Doctors, medical facilities. No respect given for long work history. I have seen this happen to other employees who had many years experience.
    I was fired during medical leave though I would have been able to resume work in just a couple more weeks. I was not given the courtesy of a phone call but received a what I considered a rather cold letter.

Treat people with the realization that employees sometimes fall into life situations that are out of their control but would still be able to do their job with just a little understanding, and a little of the flexibility that we as employees are required to have.

locals show favoritism

Current Employee - Acute Care RN Staff in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Acute Care RN Staff in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

having been with the company many years, I am at the top of the pay scale and vacation time (PTO), I feel I have to stay there till retirement, since it's not too many years away.

Cons

If you are not one of my immediate supervisors' "golden child" employee, then you may not get the time off you have requested, even months in advance. Sometimes you do not even know you don't have off the requested time til the work schedules comes out whick can be just a mater of a few days before the present schedule runs out. We get a 4 week schedule at the time. She gves the excuse she didn't get the request or others asked for the same time off. We can only ask for 1 week off at a time unless you have family far away and go visit them. SO...most of us at work will NEVER be able to take a week cruise or site seeing trip while employed locally.

I've never met Sr. Management, only local administration. But, why can't there be an understanding of putting out the 4 week work schedule at least 2 weeks before the present one runs out. It would give us time to schedule Dr. appt. or such. How about having the person that approves or denies your PTO request to let you know if approved or denied with, say, 1 week after submiiting request so employee can make reservations and get airline/cruise tickets in a timely manner instead of at the last minute. Why is there a pay cap? It makes it look like one should leave the company after having seniority. No pay for having national certification such as CNN (Certified Nephrology Nurse), why? It shows we "know" what we're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America