Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Culture of respect for employees and patients alike, provides tools and training to get the job done, excellent work environment, decent salary & benefits. I'm sure that each work site is different, but at mine, people work together well as a a team, are friendly and helpful. The company also goes out of its way to express appreciation for a job well done, both on a personal level as well company-sponsored events.

Cons

Sr. management sometimes is clueless or makes decisions without sufficient evaluation of input from middle management. Sometimes lack of resources cause individual workers' priorities to be shifted on an ever-changing basis.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what the line managers are telling you about problems with the business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

FMCNA IS THE WORST PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - Hemodialysis Technician in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Hemodialysis Technician in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

There are really no good reasons to work with FMCNA. It has been a complete mess working here since RCG was bought out by FMCNA. The only true reason I can think of that would be a good reason is that you get attatched to your patients since you see them very frequently.

Cons

The management is horrible, they never praise you for the good things that you do. They overload you with extra work that they are supposed to be completing. They belittle you infront of your patients and make you feel that you dont know what you are doing and that you can't do anything right. The Management has favorite employees that get away with everything. The upper management never sees what goes on in the clinic and they just go by what thier clinic managers say goes on. The techs are treated like crap and they are blamed for everything, including labs that they have no control over. The techs get yelled at for HCT and HGB's levels that are low and also Albumin levels that are low and the dietician is supposed to be assisting in this and encouraging patients to take care of this. Techs are yelled at if they do not do the job of tech, dietician and socialworker, because they do not hire enough of these other professions to take care of the demand. I have handled many of these tasks because we did not have a social worker or a dietician at one time. It has made my time with the company miserable and I wish that RCG would have never sold to FMCNA. They just plain suck, don't waste your time with this crappy company, trust me you will not like it. As soon as I can obtain a better job I will leave and I know almost all of the rest of my fellow employees will too. There is a very high turnover due to the horrible company.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs so that someone that knows what thier doing and had compassion can take over and lead the company and treat the employees the right way!

Still waiting for my sign on bonus----2 months later and still nothing!!!!

Current Employee - R. . in Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - R. . in Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

I like having every Sunday off and half the Saturdays. It's mostly a day job.

Cons

They offered a sign on bonus to be received after 90 days, but after 5 months I still haven't seen it even when I ask about it they say it takes a while to get through the system. They do anything to recruit but don't seem concerned about retaining their nurses. Same story with the other RN's who work there.

Advice to Management

They need to care about the nurses they have on board and give more help. The nurses will continue to turn over and leave unless something is done about having enough techs so the nurses are so overworked. Also, if you promise a 90 day sign on bonus-----live up to your promises!!!!