Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com

Dialysis is Dialysis; the job is what you make it.

Staff Nurse (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsFinally, after an 18 month wait, working the nocturnal dialysis shift I was recruited to! Much better compensation than previous employer, DVA. Work experience and nursing education are acknowledged through tiers of compensation. Excellent technical/support staff. Realistic expectations concerning work and patient care responsibilities.

ConsSome of the older clinics have antiquated infrastructure (plumbing, mechanical, water systems). Staffing is stretched to the minimums required by law. Expensive healthcare insurance; family health insurance coverage is unreasonably expensive (as in shock, horror, disbelief). Antiquated electronic/computer systems (circa 1998-2000?!?!); however, there is progress being made in this area. Some policies and procedures (use of certain medical supplies also) are very outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace and upgrade infrastructure in the aging clinics ASAP, seriously, before they literally fall apart, I'm not exaggerating. Continue the progress with the electronic/computer systems. Thouroughly examine policies and procedures to modernize and to recover some ground lost to your competitors.

Prepare to work your fingers to the bone

Ccht (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

Pros: -good benefits -staff works well as a team -opportunity to build strong rapport with patients -gained… Cons: -it's all about numbers and profits instead of caring for patients -feels more like an assembly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America part-time for more than a year

Pros: Hard working, professional people very friendly work environment Cons: Geographical differences make it difficult to stay on top of… More
There are newer reviews on Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!