Contractor -> employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fresenius North America has over 800 employees so movement is always available to you. It is a great place to work, friendly and a bright office environment. Some of the benefits include: 401K matching, small health club on premise you can join for $5/month, café on site, professional development opportunity if you are a manager or executive.

Cons

Difficult to get a jump in salary. Once you are hired raises are 2-3% per year. Small cube size work space for most employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

1. Compliance and Operations

Former Employee - Division Ethics and Compliance Officer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Division Ethics and Compliance Officer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, bonuses and Advancement opportunties

Cons

Friend hiring instead hiring qualified people in certain areas.

Advice to Management

When letting people go due to reorginaization give the employee some type of notice so they can have the opprotunity to look for future employment.

Forced use of PTO when work load is low

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

hourly pay, insurance,401k match, work with a great team

Cons

Demand staff to go home when patient load decreases then force use of vacation time to cover shorted hours. Currently they are removing more PTO from my bank than I earn. Once PTO is depleted there is no opportunity to accumulate any. Time off is then granted without pay at manager's discretion. Very heavy daily workload. I'm not afraid to work but resentful of not having any PTO when I need a break! Feels like prison so much that we call any time off "parole". Must adjust your schedule frequently and with little notice to accommodate commercial payers. Extremely difficult to get questions answered from HR. Policies that can be found are usually very vague and can be interpreted different ways.

Advice to Management

1st of all, I feel sorry for the CM. Seems new CMs are thrown to the wolves. Just read the company values poster. Treat your employees with respect, dignity, integrity and fairness and you'll have a good team. We don't see that enough.