Fresenius Medical Care - North America
www.fmcna.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Forced use of PTO when work load is low

Staff RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Proshourly pay, insurance,401k match, work with a great team

ConsDemand staff to go home when patient load decreases then force use of vacation time to cover shorted hours. Currently they are removing more PTO from my bank than I earn. Once PTO is depleted there is no opportunity to accumulate any. Time off is then granted without pay at manager's discretion.

Very heavy daily workload. I'm not afraid to work but resentful of not having any PTO when I need a break!

Feels like prison so much that we call any time off "parole".

Must adjust your schedule frequently and with little notice to accommodate commercial payers.

Extremely difficult to get questions answered from HR. Policies that can be found are usually very vague and can be interpreted different ways.

Advice to Senior Management1st of all, I feel sorry for the CM. Seems new CMs are thrown to the wolves.

Just read the company values poster. Treat your employees with respect, dignity, integrity and fairness and you'll have a good team. We don't see that enough.

Don't waste your precious career on this organization

Web Developer III (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

Pros: - It's a paycheck - You don't have to worry about being fired because as of this writing, the turn-over rate is 60%… Cons: - The organization suffers terribly from power brokers and gatekeepers who protect their fiefdoms vehemently. - You will be thrown at a problem without any support… Advice to Senior Management: Have some courage! You're beholden to a select few individuals that ruin the organization, so they can maintain the status-quo. The more you cow-tow to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Senior Computer Operator (Current Employee)
Rockleigh, NJ

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: casual work environment, love helping people Cons: pay-but that could always be better..lol Advice to Senior Management: Be more informed!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresenius Medical Care - North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Rice Powell. All reviews posted anonymously by Fresenius Medical Care - North America employees.