Job security with high employer expectations

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami, FL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

50% 401k match up to 6%, health, dental w reasonable rates. Training in dialysis offered for direct patient care staff

Cons

Unrealistic employer expectations, limited management training, fluctuating workload,

Need two way communication with employees, weak middle management needs support and improvement to achieve Corporate objectives

Other Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Many Changes through the years

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great vacation time, education reimbursement, flexible work schedule

Cons

Mediocre, training not offered to all employees across the board. Certain employees are groomed for different positions

Treat all employees equally and really make some changes that will have an impact on everyone in the company.

Forced use of PTO when work load is low

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

hourly pay, insurance,401k match, work with a great team

Cons

Demand staff to go home when patient load decreases then force use of vacation time to cover shorted hours. Currently they are removing more PTO from my bank than I earn. Once PTO is depleted there is no opportunity to accumulate any. Time off is then granted without pay at manager's discretion.

Very heavy daily workload. I'm not afraid to work but resentful of not having any PTO when I need a break!

Feels like prison so much that we call any time off "parole".

Must adjust your schedule frequently and with little notice to accommodate commercial payers.

Extremely difficult to get questions answered from HR. Policies that can be found are usually very vague and can be interpreted different ways.

1st of all, I feel sorry for the CM. Seems new CMs are thrown to the wolves.

Just read the company values poster. Treat your employees with respect, dignity, integrity and fairness and you'll have a good team. We don't see that enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!