Fresenius Medical Care - North America

www.fmcna.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Good Job, but hard to balance work-life.

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are hard to beat. They were great and offered more than I had originally thought I would have.

Cons

The hours expected were whatever it takes to get the job done so I was working more than 40 hours and only getting my salary no overtime. That was the hardest thing. Made work-life balance hard to do.

Do not tell someone they can come back from FMLA and then turn around in the same week and hire someone into their position. That really is dishonest.

405 Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Structured & professional.
    Great on the job training. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Hiring process takes too long.
    sometimes 3 mos from applying to first date on job.

N/A

One seriously messed up company!

Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I got to cash out my 401k plan and retire early so I could go back to school and get a real( after 16 years) job.
    From what I understand, they got rid of their technical staff and made the pct's do the grunt work ( like mix bicarb and make sure the patient was on the right acid bath). I am not opposed to pct's, but they pull them off the street with no education, medical training or experience in a chronic disease environment. When all is said and done the patients get low quality dialysis and usually die not long after dialysis is initiated to start with. I bet I could walk into any Fresenius Dialysis clinic and check to see if the UF pump stroked 1ml per stroke and the calibrations on most of the machines would be off and they wonder why they are being sued all the time?

Cons

Having to go to that job for 8-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Putting up with whining doctors, RN's and half illiterate PCT's. Not to mention a boss that doesn't understand english very well, makes your whole existence suck.

Not much except, ha, ha your stock had to get halved to keep it at it's present price level and it's only going to get worse because you cut corners every which way you could and tried to micromanage every aspect of the dialysis treatment. You are against the ropes and all the good people bailed on you. Now you have the best of the worst working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America