Great company to work for

Current Employee - Dialysis RN  in  Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Structured & professional.
Great on the job training. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Hiring process takes too long.
sometimes 3 mos from applying to first date on job.

N/A

Other Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

One seriously messed up company!

Former Employee - Equipment Tech  in  Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I got to cash out my 401k plan and retire early so I could go back to school and get a real( after 16 years) job.
    From what I understand, they got rid of their technical staff and made the pct's do the grunt work ( like mix bicarb and make sure the patient was on the right acid bath). I am not opposed to pct's, but they pull them off the street with no education, medical training or experience in a chronic disease environment. When all is said and done the patients get low quality dialysis and usually die not long after dialysis is initiated to start with. I bet I could walk into any Fresenius Dialysis clinic and check to see if the UF pump stroked 1ml per stroke and the calibrations on most of the machines would be off and they wonder why they are being sued all the time?

Cons

Having to go to that job for 8-16 hours a day, 6 days a week. Putting up with whining doctors, RN's and half illiterate PCT's. Not to mention a boss that doesn't understand english very well, makes your whole existence suck.

Not much except, ha, ha your stock had to get halved to keep it at it's present price level and it's only going to get worse because you cut corners every which way you could and tried to micromanage every aspect of the dialysis treatment. You are against the ropes and all the good people bailed on you. Now you have the best of the worst working for you.

A good place to work.

Current Employee - Renal Dietitian  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Renal Dietitian in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, close location with multiple clinics throughout the city, very friendly coworkers, clean working environment, competitive amount of vacation.

Cons

Slightly disorganized HR and management, heavy workload for those not computer savvy, the company is overall behind on technology and charting.

I have worked at the company for almost 3 months and still do not have access to the online charting system or email. It would be more ideal if the new-hire system was more organized so new employees felt supported during this time of transition.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!