There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Going down pretty fast

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, great time off policy.

Cons

With all the medicare cuts there were so many lays offs recently, country wide. There are now less opportunities for advancement unless you are a nurse looking for management position. More responsibilities are be given to the staff in the clinic levels. Training is horrible!

Company should really look into the what is best for the patients. If staff are loaded with more responsibilities and less time for detail it's not good for patients. Company needs to work on more advancement opportunities instead of taking those away.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America (View Most Recent)

irritating

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time

Pros

chose own work time within reason such as between 7-9, decent benefits need twenty words dont know what else to put so yep bs it till the end

Cons

driving all over the place sucks. on call 2 am calls. might get called back when you get home especially if you just got done driving over an hour away and back. practically expected to do everything for everyone

Highly professional, results-driven company with

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist  in  Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

My personal supervisors in Franklin were fantastic - understanding, personable, friendly. When I needed time off and gave the appropriate notice, it wasn't a problem. It was expected that we all had lives outside the office, so when we were there, we worked hard, and when we weren't, we didn't stress out over work-related issues. Compensation and health benefits were quite good as well, better than most other employers I've worked for in town.

Cons

Communication was never their strong suit - I'm especially talking about the corporate managers and "higher-ups". Those of us who were being downsized in June 2014 found out the day it was taking place, while the meeting was taking place. So much for breaking it to us gently. Then, we were told to empty our desks, take our severance and leave. "Thanks for your service", indeed. Also, when our company merged with FMC, we were assigned a number, and needed to use that number whenever we had any HR or IT concerns. It really made us feel like they didn't care about us as people, only as numbers.

Do a better job of communicating - both long-term and short-term issues - with your team. Remember that you are dealing with people, not numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!