There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

perfectly average

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Great benefits, good name recognition, company did a great job of educating office workers about the medical side of the business to make you feel invested.

Cons

Enormous size makes career advancement at corporate HQ difficult. Many workers were entrenched so opportunities for advancement were also hard to come by. Compensation was lacking and raises were pathetically small.

Old, entrenched workforce may be fine now, but invest in young talent and promote them to prepare for the future.

reviews filtered by
  1. One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Very professional.

Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Morganton, NC
    Current Employee - Dialysis RN in Morganton, NC

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

I have always been impressed with the training of staff at FMC. This company takes the well being of it's patients and staff very seriously. It is great to work in the medical profession for a company that has such high morals. A great model for the medical profession as a whole to follow.

Cons

Early hours and long days. This job can be not only physically but mentally tiring as well simply due to the nature of this business.

I know that everyone wants more money, however I do feel that due to the precision and attention to detail that is required for this job it is not a job that everyone can do and maintain a safe environment for the patients. Based on this I do feel that dialysis nurses are underpaid. In my community dialysis nurses are paid less than many other fields of nursing. While the benefit package is wonderful this still doesn't put food on the table or pay the mortgage.

2. Fresenius is a leader in all aspects of kidney dialysis, with many opportunities for a stable and satisfying career

Current Employee - Mechanical Technician in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Mechanical Technician in Akron, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Pros

Job stability, great benefits and vacation package, and fair wages.

Cons

Continually evolving policies and procedures, constant exposure to sickness, being on-call can get out of hand at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America