There are newer employer reviews for Fresh and Easy

Working at Fresh & Easy can be fun, but any job can be if you choose the right attitude.

Current Employee - Kitchen Table Associate
Current Employee - Kitchen Table Associate

I have been working at Fresh and Easy

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling if you are a student or juggling a second job, quality merchandise that makes it easy to upsell, great benefits, even for part time.

Cons

Not a lot of positive feedback from management, only negative for the most part. Always seem to be a bit understaffed to save costs, which makes it difficult to offer great service. Team Leads are expected to carry a lot of weight for not much more compensation than entry level positions

Advice to Management

More recognition of even small accomplishments, a few thank yous wouldn't hurt! I also think that corporate F & E would benefit by some public relations training for managers which in turn could be passed on to the rest of the crew.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. fine for right now

I worked at Fresh and Easy

Pros

great location of head office in el segundo. the people are generally pretty cool, and there are occasional freebies that are nice surprises.

Cons

the business is very top heavy and very biased toward tesco uk employees - they get the good promotions and best packages.

Advice to Management

realize that your consumer is american and listen to your employees more. the u.s. is incredibly diverse, and you are not meeting the needs of shoppers.

I am heartbroken due to the continuous broken promises of Fresh and Easy to its employees.

I have been working at Fresh and Easy

Pros

They have a great concept. The company is new and growing.
    Customers love us and we love interacting with them. They would be "A Great Place To Work" if they followed their core values and practiced them.

Cons

FE needs to revisit their core values. ESPECIALLY:

-"Treat people the way we want to be treated"
      -there is no consistency in the schedules and they are not posted until Sunday afternoons for the following day and week.
       -empty promises about your development and career path.
      -SM doesn't have the tools to do their job.
     -Not being recognized as someone with many years experience, and someone who can help move the needle to get the store where it needs to be.
     -They constantly move the finish line......
      -Going the extra mile for the company on
     special projects that bring in extra sales and still not a dime more in my pay. Also running a store for them in the SM's absence for 5+ weeks and no additional pay.

Many, many, many, more situations. :(

Be a Great Neighbor! What are we waiting for? Lets get out to the community and help build sales and loyalty form our neighbors!!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Give them a chance to really talk to you. The viewpoint surveys don't allow you to get in any detail to explain our situations.
    Your management team needs training on how to treat people. They need to understand, "If you take care of your people, they will take care of you!"

Don't use the excuse, "it cant be done, or they don't have time, just commit to it! and you can earn the lifetime loyalty of your employees as well as your customers.