There are newer employer reviews for Fresh and Easy

Great opportunity at the start...

Current Employee - Buyer  in  El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Buyer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Fresh and Easy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture, people, pay, training, experience

Cons

Current business dynamic with ambiguity

Should have actively listened more

138 Other Employee Reviews for Fresh and Easy (View Most Recent)

Misleading

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fresh and Easy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, great benefits.... Great concept...would do well on the east coast providing they work out their kinks. Bringing healthy affordable food to those who are unable to shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Its a concept I think First Lady Obama would love.

Cons

Physically intense job due to the lack of organization, stores understaffed, CUSTOMER SERVICE SUFFERS because employees have to get product onto the shelves quickly since it comes in fresh everyday, there is no training protocol in place to train management....they throw everything at you at once and lets hope things stick, the staff stretched so thin that cleanliness is an issue. The short comings of the stores I would not blame on store management or staff. They work their butts off. Upper Management is clueless....honestly no idea how to run a company.

Senior management should listen to store management and staff since they are the ones who deal with the stores and customers. As with most retail companies very few members of upper management rose to their positions from the bottom. Those that have, have been away from the front lines so long that they have lost touch with customer service. Decisions are based on what educators and the mba's think. If you have the experience from the bottom then you should have the instincts. Talk to the employees and customers on local levels. The videos you watch online are outdated and misleading. The culture at the headquarters may be amazing but in the stores the employees are negative and unhappy. I'm sad to say that I will only be here till I can find a better company that will benefit from my 20+ years of customer service and retail/restaurant management experience. Great concept but organization horrible. Stores are suffering due to mismanagement at the upper level. No policies manuals, employee handbooks, or any kind of written guides to assist in the day to day operations of the store.

Maybe now that Tesco is trying to sell, they will get it right. They started with a great dream, it just never came toge

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Fresh and Easy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really good benefits and matching 401k. Wages are comparable in Arizona. Employee coupons really stretch the dollar.

Cons

Changes made constantly to try to improve business, not enough time given for any of the changes to be effective. Complete reversals of policy from one day to the next. Not nearly enough man hours in store budget to get even the basics done. God forbid any emergencies come up.

Listen to us on the front line. We really do see more and are more intelligent than you believe. Also some empathy and heartfelt appreciation for the workers of the maverick stores would be nice. We get 10 hours of work done in each 8 hour shift.

There are newer employer reviews for Fresh and Easy

Worked for Fresh and Easy? Contribute to the Community!