There are newer employer reviews for Freshfields

High quality and very prestigious law firm, amazing clients, great salaries/benefits, challenging work

Former Employee - Associate  in  Vienna (Austria)
Former Employee - Associate in Vienna (Austria)

I worked at Freshfields full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very bright and ambitious colleagues around you. I received an amazing training. Annual practice group meetings at amazing places such as Saint Tropez where you can get to know your colleagues worldwide. I had a great partner who was both a very nice guy and brilliant. I had big clients and worked in cutting-edge legal issues. The work was legally challenging and I receied lots of responsibility from day one. Having Freshfields on your resume is a door opener. After, Freshfields I worked at another global law firm and I saw the difference. Freshfields is really about quality.

Cons

Long hours. No solid workflow. Little chances to become partner.

Keep your European values alive. I very much appreciated the reaction of the crisis at least in Germany/Austria because no Associate had to go. Keep this spirit alive.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Freshfields (View Most Recent)

Great start, fizzle ending

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Freshfields full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly smart people work at Freshfields and for the most part, people are very nice. I had some of my best work experiences here. I got to work across multiple groups and was able to forge my own path. When I first worked there, it was such a great collaborative environment.

Cons

It's a little stuffy and there are definitely some people (mainly more junior lawyers) that act like they're experts even in those things that they're clearly not. As the credit crisis hit, it became a finger-pointing culture despite the work for company not really being affected.

Be supportive of everyone and work on a more inclusive culture.

Great

Current Employee - Associate  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Freshfields full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities. People, work, opportunities.

Cons

Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better. Work/life balance could be better.

None

There are newer employer reviews for Freshfields

Worked for Freshfields? Contribute to the Community!