There are newer employer reviews for Freshfields

Great learning opportunities and very motivated colleagues

Pros

Exposure to important cases and clients; steep learning curve.

Cons

Lack of appreciation at times and competitiveness among colleagues where it was common place to take credit for other work.

Advice to Management

Not to allow middle management to take so much credit for the work done by other staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Freshfields

1. Summer internship, work experience

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Freshfields as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with both an associate and a senior associate means you are well supported and that if you have any issues, they are on hand to help. Good location. High quality of work. Early responsibility- I even had some of my work incorporated into the final advice given to a client.

Cons

Some employees were not particularly helpful and a little cold. The building is quite confusing and relatively difficult to navigate.

High quality and very prestigious law firm, amazing clients, great salaries/benefits, challenging work

Former Employee - Associate in Vienna (Austria)
    Former Employee - Associate in Vienna (Austria)

I worked at Freshfields full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very bright and ambitious colleagues around you. I received an amazing training. Annual practice group meetings at amazing places such as Saint Tropez where you can get to know your colleagues worldwide. I had a great partner who was both a very nice guy and brilliant. I had big clients and worked in cutting-edge legal issues. The work was legally challenging and I receied lots of responsibility from day one. Having Freshfields on your resume is a door opener. After, Freshfields I worked at another global law firm and I saw the difference. Freshfields is really about quality.

Cons

Long hours. No solid workflow. Little chances to become partner.

Advice to Management

Keep your European values alive. I very much appreciated the reaction of the crisis at least in Germany/Austria because no Associate had to go. Keep this spirit alive.