It was an experience.

Current Employee - Student Video Assistant and Secretary Assistant in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Fresno State

Pros

You meet a lot of people who are connected to many more people. But this is the same no matter where you go.

Cons

Fresno State is a great place to start out with connections but not a place to reside and try to enjoy working for a long time. The budget at Fresno State has a big factor in the way a lot of things are run and how certain departments operate. A majority of the time one individual is held to many tasks for we do not have the staff to compensate many different people or a large staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have been here forever and and seen many changes.

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Fresno State

Pros

I love helping students and seeing them grow. I enjoy the collegiality among some staff members. The insurance is great and the union stands behind you if you get caught up in layoffs. You have the option of becoming involved in activities that go on during campus hours.

Cons

I have worked here forever and I make the same amount of money that I made 10 years ago. If you are looking for raises you need to look at administration - one of the Vp's offices... etc. If you are in a college office, student affairs office, etc.. you are not going to get a raise. Staff haven't even gotten cost of living raises in over 5 years. Fresno State is management heavy. There have been to many cutbacks in staff while the VP's add a new executive for this and executive of that. Repairs to the campus are key issues... the parking lots are tearing up my tires so that the repair shops think that I am taking my car off road... really?

2. great!

I have been working at Fresno State

Pros

just a great place to work and learned a lot while working here. wouldnt work anywhere else but here only.

Cons

no cons with this job.

Advice to Management

no advice for the management