There are newer employer reviews for Friedkin Companies

"Our Values" Very unorganized and dysfunctional company!

Current Employee - FSG  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - FSG in Houston, TX

I have been working at Friedkin Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The people who have worked for the company more than 10 years are great.
-Beautiful building
-Nice gym and outdoor area

Cons

-The company has several business units that have no direction or goals.
-You are to do as you are told and not question anything.
-They have what they call "Our Values" which the company does not follow. EX: "We Value our associates" this is clearly misleading when I have seen countless people terminated with out just cause. The reply that I hear from people terminated is that they stated, "It is a right-to-work state".
-Hardcore political environment (all companies have it but this is almost like a cult)
-Everything is very secretive and not transparent.
-Alot of finger-pointing and blame game
-Family-owned...believe me, weird!

I dont think they would listen to advice. That is why many have left or been terminated (some witho'ut due cause)

10 Other Employee Reviews for Friedkin Companies (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but senior management is out of touch.

I have been working at Friedkin Companies full-time

Pros

Great benefits, smart co-workers and a culture of excellence.

Cons

Upper level management is all about cost cutting and the bottom line. Short staffing is common and seems to be preferred to the alternative.

Reinvest in the areas the business depends on, and increase staffing to make the workload more manageable.

Great Benefits, but career advancement and technology not in management's radar...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Friedkin Companies

Pros

Friedkin offers outstanding Benefits package, a beautiful facility, and great associate programs. You also find a lot of tenured employees. Senior Management receives great incentives.

Cons

A lot of the tenured employees are complacent in their roles and are not adaptive to change; making new ideas and new technology extremely difficult to promote. Career advancement is limited unless; you search on your own and transfer out to other companies within Friedkin. It’s not in management's radar to promote or create career ladders within their departments. Job responsibilities increase and sometimes double, without reward or recognition.

There's a lot of top to bottom feedback, consider feedback from bottom to top; you'll be surprised to see how hard your bottom line works, while your top management cruises and gains all the benefits and recognition. Reward your tenured employees, and when they decide to leave take care of them, and thank them for their dedication and loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Friedkin Companies

Worked for Friedkin Companies? Contribute to the Community!