There are newer employer reviews for Friedman & Huey Associates

Great place to work

Current Employee - Tax Season Internship
Current Employee - Tax Season Internship

I have been working at Friedman & Huey Associates

Pros

great place to learn tax code

Cons

Very small and older people.

The partners are very old but very knowledgeable

reviews filtered by
  1. It's a great learning experience

Former Intern - Tax Season Internship in Homewood, IL
    Former Intern - Tax Season Internship in Homewood, IL

I worked at Friedman & Huey Associates as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People are nice to you

Cons

Only been there 4 months, so I cannot say anything bad about it

2. Convienent, learned a few things while there, micromanaging(negatively) impacted others daily routine

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Friedman & Huey Associates as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People in the main Homewood office were nice
    Works around school schedule, if still in school
    Actual CEO(Glassdoor names the recruiter, but is actually Elliot Friedman) seems to be a very kind man.
    Internship may have helped me land my current career.(Friedman and Huey are apparently ex-Arthur Young employees)

Cons

Low paying for what the internship entails(group of interns bunched into a tiny room with shelves and very little airflow).

Small office very limited hiring opportunities, stories of family members being given special treatment, but no actual evidence.

--Most of my Cons are based around the recruiter/person in charge of the interns and his lack of implementation of the internship program, the actual company was fine.

Lack of communication, for example, no one told our group of interns about lunch rules. Went full work day assuming we didn't get to eat lunch. You figure there would be a list of rules posted on day one.

Lots of waiting around/downtime by actual employees, waiting for clients to turn in their taxes. The office near the intern room usually stood around during the afternoons talking.

As evident by a previous response to a previous review, the person in charge of recruitment seems to care more about image then actual work. What employee of a company has the time to visit review websites and respond, while using a thesaurus and terrible writing skills (shouldn't "writing skills" be a requirement for this position?). Surely there are better things to do with company time? A quick visit to the company's website, shows the partners and directors experience, which should be more than enough to create a positive image of the company.

The recruiter, who is separated at the "North office" from other partners (odd?), tends to micromanage throughout the company, he has his hands in things he doesn't fully understand in the company, and I heard a few complaints about him doing so. Which apparently turns into a headache for employees doing actual work at the main office.

He came off (just my opinion, but pretty evident in his previous response) as someone who wished he was more important than he actually was. The few times I saw him at the main office, he would be socializing/hanging on door-frames of employees, interrupting actual work time. Like the lonely kid in your dorm who had nothing better to do then annoy everyone.

In the case of the "former interns" response, they are current employees brought to recruitment, so there is no reason to bring up the negatives when being paid to be at the recruitment. (Not the "former interns" fault)

Provide a better room for the interns, maybe that's available in the "North office?"
    Provide better information on day one.
    Get a new recruiter who doesn't cause your employees to complain and doesn't have time to visit review sites.
    Don't hire so many interns if you aren't going to hire any into the company, seems cruel.

There are newer employer reviews for Friedman & Huey Associates