FriendFinder Networks

poorly management

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

view more interesting adult sites.

Cons

CTO is 100 percent dictatorship.

treat employee the way they treat management team.

39 Other Employee Reviews for FriendFinder Networks (View Most Recent)

NY staff is a good group of people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

Great if you're interested in the social networks.

Cons

Bad if you're located in NY and the happening scene is in CA.

this is an echo of the other review describing how a mature company works like a 0-yr old startup

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at FriendFinder Networks

Pros

free lunch from Monday to Thurs

Cons

Before start going into details, I tell you the work is not challenging. You look at their sites, services and products. You tell me how complicated or challenging it is

This is a matured company, but it does not have any thing in place; here are some examples: No product planning (management says we should that; we do it). No release system (that means bugs are everywhere; time waste in FINDing root cause of bugs is a big issue). No test / dev environment ( that leads to fix of one bug is another bug). No unit test framework (keep finding root cause and fix bugs baby). No bonuses (obviously, doing extremely good jobs does not result to any reward). No raises (no wonder why people leave every 2yr). No fun (there was an team outing last week; it was 15 miles away from the office and it was during the worst traffic hours; No wonder why 15-20 out of 70s went). Public flames on internal mailing lists directed at you, your team, etc. A culture of "blaming someone else" - the people responsible for problems get away with everything, those who implement the bad decisions are blamed for everything. A classic "toxic corporate culture". Run and run as fast as you can

No telecommuting. This is not entirely true because if you are your boss's pet you can WFH.
    Be prepared to sit in one of the very uncomfortable meetings where your boss is screaming at you (or your coworker) in front of everyone else and tell you how suck you are at your job. Btw, your boss will privately apologize to you after that to make you feel better and happy to work for him/her again.

Be prepared and don't be shock if your boss is praising your work privately, but when it's time to deliver results in front of the audience, if there is someone starting attacking your work, your boss turn around and no longer be on your side. So if you are loyal, it' will be heart-broken because even your boss is not behind to support you when things go south. Wait, the boss supported and praised your work earlier right? Yes, but I guess it's politics and to cover their azz, they turn around and blame you for doing a poor job.

they just started to tell everyone it's time to put unit test framework in place. I hope it's not too late.
    Be responsible for your team. Don't embarrass your employees in public. Respect your employees. If you want people to go out and have fun, pick a place/time that is convenient. Don't make people feel like you announce there will be a team outing, but you don't want people to go to save company money.

There are newer employer reviews for FriendFinder Networks