my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Myself and a quite a few others have been here several years. There are some that have left and come back - I see that as a testament to the quality of the workplace. I'm challenged here every day. If you put yourself out there and really do 110% you will be rewarded, but you are not rewarded just for showing up like at some other companies where I have worked.

Cons

The sick days are from the same pool as PTO. This leads to people coming in sick often which is pretty bad, it gets everyone else sick then we lose productivity and everyone is in a bad mood.

Advice to Management

fix PTO/sick days.

Other Employee Reviews for FriendFinder Networks

Some Things are Rather Ridiculous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FriendFinder Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Depending on the group, there are some really great people in the company...at least at the "worker bee" level.

Cons

-Poor upper management as well confused C-level team -HR is practically nonexistent, HR issues means you get fired -Friends of friends still hold high positions hence the poor quality of people in Directory, Manager, VP and C-Level roles -Wives, girlfriends, ex's on payroll means no one who actually does work gets paid well or can get a raise -"Owners" ran the company dry (poor decisions, friends in high-positions etc.) now the hole is too deep to dig out from

Advice to Management

It's bad enough that you have the position you are in, if you want to help the company as a whole, either: 1) Resign 2) Take a pay cut

Toxic, dysfunctional, terrible place to work.

I worked at FriendFinder Networks full-time

Pros

Free parking. Free gross food.

Cons

People thought it was bad during the days when Andrew Conru ran the company, but it only got even worse (and slimier) after Penthouse bought the company. Upper management are all men, and unabashedly sexist in both their hiring practices and the way they discuss female employees behind closed doors -- there's already been one high profile sexual harassment case that was settled out of court (look it up). The company has been sued so many times you'll lose count trying to keep track, and the employee turnover rate is the highest I've ever seen. The most talented people leave because of the dysfunctional work process and abusive environment, and new hires quickly have their morale crushed within weeks of signing on - it's not uncommon for new employees to voluntarily quit within their first 4 weeks.

Advice to Management

You're all beyond hope.