There are newer employer reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

Friendly

Current Employee - Line Cook  in  Avon, CT
Current Employee - Line Cook in Avon, CT

I have been working at Friendly's Ice Cream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at any place like this.

Cons

You'll get fat(ter), and consume a lot of energy drinks.

159 Other Employee Reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream (View Most Recent)

They kill your soul and brag about it

Current Employee - Line Cook
    Current Employee - Line Cook

I have been working at Friendly's Ice Cream part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can make good money if you're one of the favorites
    There are some nice loyal customers

Cons

High Stress!!! Management has no respect for employees-GM stands and screams in employees faces about something they know nothing about and won't let them say anything in their defense or even find out what she's talking about.
    MODs go out with employees on shifts and get high in the parking lot on a nightly basis.
    Almost everyone is late with no one ever getting disciplined or even spoke to about it. The GM is like well what am I gonna do? It's a big joke.
    They take everyone's health insurance and benefits away.
    The District Manager's is just as bad as the General Manager. Rude, arrogant, talks down to people constantly. Has his own agenda with certain servers.

To the General Manager-stop being such a bully. Stop running your mouth about employees in the middle of the service aisle. You think people should treat you with respect? Maybe you should be respectful of your employees. You make everyone dread working with you.
    To the District Manager-people who are successful don't constantly say how successful they are and have been. Actions speak louder than your words. When you get all worked up about a problem there-follow up when you tell everyone that things are going change, people aren't gonna get away with_____. If you don't check up on things, why would people change behavior for more than a day or two?
    Food is overpriced and it takes forever to get it from the grill.

Never Again

Former Employee - Friendlys Fountain Worker  in  Liverpool, NY
    Former Employee - Friendlys Fountain Worker in Liverpool, NY

I worked at Friendly's Ice Cream part-time for less than a year

Pros

When i was working there, the had me working as soon as i came in the first day to check on my resume. Slightly above minimum wage, requiring no previous skills.

Cons

Management was terrible. They refused to hire more people when it was desperately needed. Because of that orders were frantic and constantly falling behind making the customers at your window yelling at the employees while they worked. Hopefully it was limited to the Friendly's I worked at. It is closed now.

Hire more people

There are newer employer reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

Worked for Friendly's Ice Cream? Contribute to the Community!