There are newer employer reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

I don't enjoy it much but its work and pay

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Rochester, NH
Current Employee - Dishwasher in Rochester, NH

I have been working at Friendly's Ice Cream part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no good reason to work there unless u enjoy working at restauraunts

Cons

nothing realy good about the place not good starting pay with experience disappointed don't recommend to anyone

Other Employee Reviews for Friendly's Ice Cream

1. It was poorly managed. My hours were inconsistent and inadequate.

Former Employee - Hostess
    Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Friendly's Ice Cream part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet some nice people, and the ice cream is pretty good.

Cons

Management is focused on the wrong things, such as the color of your shoes rather than the quality of their service. This poor management is reflected in the attitude of many employees, which can make it a stressful place to work.

Advice to Management

Be nice to your customers and your staff. The name of the restaurant is "Friendly's."

2. Great job for a high school kid who needs some extra cash...

Former Employee - Fountain Worker in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Fountain Worker in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Friendly's Ice Cream part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, okay pay (for a teenager), fun work environment, awesome co-workers, discounted food. This was a great first job. It introduced me to the world of working for a living and provided an easy way to make a few extra bucks in high school.

Cons

Working for Friendly's was cool. For about a year. I originally started working here because a friend of mine was a server and I thought it sounded awesome to make 200 bucks a day. The general manager promised me that if I started out working as a hostess, he would have me trained to be a server. After about six months, I asked to be trained as a server and he moved me to fountain (making ice cream). After another few months, I pushed my assistant manager to find out when I could begin training as a server. He then told me that I couldn't train to be a server until I was 18. (I was 16) I was willing to wait, but then the regional manager became the new GM of the store and they moved the current GM. After that, things really went downhill and I left shortly after.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you care about them. I always knew that I was working for "corporate America" and that isn't always a good thing. I now work for a major corporation, but it still feels like I work for a mom-and-pop. Ask your employees for suggestions - you might be surprised at what you hear!