Front Range Community College

www.frontrange.edu
  www.frontrange.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Front Range Community College

Adjunct Instructors are second or third class citizens

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Front Range Community College part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The students work hard. The instructors really care about teaching.

Cons

Being a contingent worker with no say and low pay is exhausting. It's especially demeaning to have to prepare lessons AND pay for ones own substitute if Ill. The severe limit on number of courses assigned to avoid paying benefits is past humiliating.

Think about how demeaning your policies are.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Front Range Community College (View Most Recent)

I have worked with them for six years and as salary for state is frozen, haven"t had a raise

Current Employee - Adm Assist  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Adm Assist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Front Range Community College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with students trying to improve their level in life

Cons

Very structured community college atmosphere with little attention to needs of students and more to keeping job security and levels of control

Spend more time with the upfront employees in learning staff needs and student needs

In desperate need of leadership

I worked at Front Range Community College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the most part, the staff are great. The students are fun and challenging to work with.

Cons

The President's leadership is weak, which has enabled many nasty personality types to take over and cause harm to subordinates. HR is not helpful, and often harmful to employees. The effective faculty have, in large part, left the college. Bringing new ideas to the table (by staff) is, at best, not encouraged, and other times completely ignored. Loyalty is demanded, but not returned nor rewarded. Solid contributions and accomplishments unrecognized by leadership. There are still a few departments within FRCC that are great to work for (only two come to mind), with very supportive supervisors, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Those departments I would recommend to a friend.

To the President - many people went to bat for you, including me, when you decided to go for the leadership role. We all had faith in your leadership potential, but you let us down. Many have suffered because of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Front Range Community College

Worked for Front Range Community College? Contribute to the Community!