Front Range Community College

www.frontrange.edu
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Front Range Community College

Adjunct Instructors are second or third class citizens

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Front Range Community College part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The students work hard. The instructors really care about teaching.

Cons

Being a contingent worker with no say and low pay is exhausting. It's especially demeaning to have to prepare lessons AND pay for ones own substitute if Ill. The severe limit on number of courses assigned to avoid paying benefits is past humiliating.

Advice to Management

Think about how demeaning your policies are.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have worked with them for six years and as salary for state is frozen, haven"t had a raise

Current Employee - Adm Assist in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Adm Assist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Front Range Community College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with students trying to improve their level in life

Cons

Very structured community college atmosphere with little attention to needs of students and more to keeping job security and levels of control

Advice to Management

Spend more time with the upfront employees in learning staff needs and student needs

In desperate need of leadership

I worked at Front Range Community College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the most part, the staff are great. The students are fun and challenging to work with.

Cons

The President's leadership is weak, which has enabled many nasty personality types to take over and cause harm to subordinates. HR is not helpful, and often harmful to employees. The effective faculty have, in large part, left the college. Bringing new ideas to the table (by staff) is, at best, not encouraged, and other times completely ignored. Loyalty is demanded, but not returned nor rewarded. Solid contributions and accomplishments unrecognized by leadership. There are still a few departments within FRCC that are great to work for (only two come to mind), with very supportive supervisors, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Those departments I would recommend to a friend.

Advice to Management

To the President - many people went to bat for you, including me, when you decided to go for the leadership role. We all had faith in your leadership potential, but you let us down. Many have suffered because of it.